We’re looking for a collaborative, intuitive and passionate Privacy Consultant to join our team. In this role you’ll be an independent contributor working on the existing client portfolio and helping grow the business.
If you’re a master communicator who can’t wait to get back to networking at live events and conferences, this role could be a perfect fit. We’re looking for a detail-oriented professional who has a passion for learning and is experienced in all aspects of consulting including engagement delivery as well as proposal writing, budgeting and project management.
What you’ll be doing:
- Delivering on all aspects of engagements including proposal writing, budgeting, project management and client relationship management
- Types of engagements include Privacy Program Design and Implementation, Compliance Assessments, Data Inventory and Data Lifecycle Mapping, Privacy Management Software Implementation, Privacy Impact Assessments, Privacy Notices, Privacy Breach Response Plan, Privacy Training and Awareness
- Actively cultivate a network of clients, potential clients and partners (e.g., law firms, technology vendors, consultants, and firms)
- Continuing to grow your personal brand while representing The Privacy Pro through attending conferences, crafting, marketing and delivering webinars, panels, podcasts, blogs and articles to support the Privacy Compliance Services strategy
- Staying up to speed on what’s happening in the world of privacy through discussion forums, industry associations and think tanks
Skills and qualities you bring to the role:
- Minimum 5 years of consulting experience in privacy or a related field (e.g. regulatory compliance, governance, enterprise risk management, cybersecurity)
- Experience with end-to-end project management
- Strong understanding of and/or experience applying principles-based privacy legislation including PIPEDA and/or GDPR
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Extensive experience in client relationship management
- Advanced/expert knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- You’re inclusive. You are committed to actively supporting and empowering people who are underrepresented. You hold the door open for others and amplify voices and perspectives that are different from yours.
- You’re independent. You don’t wait to be told what to do. You are comfortable learning from mistakes rather than waiting until things are perfect, and you’re confident asking for help.
- You’re motivated. You already know how to deliver privacy consulting engagements and now you are looking for an opportunity to grow.
- You’re collaborative. You believe there is plenty of success to go around, and that relationships are more important than revenue. You see others as colleagues, not competition.
- You’re authentic. You bring your whole self to your work. You’re looking to be part of a team that values your perspective and appreciates your personality, rather than expecting you to fit a mould.
About the role:
- Salary: $120,000 – $140,000
- Flexible working hours and location
- Location: Canada (remote)
- International travel required
- All employees are invited to design a holiday schedule that reflects their own cultural and religious observances.
About The Privacy Pro:
The Privacy Pro is a boutique firm that prides itself on delivering superior service to its clients. We are experts at the top of our field who choose to work with great clients from around the world on interesting and unique projects. We build lasting relationships with our clients by cutting out the noise and focusing on our shared goal: getting it done.
We believe everyone is unique and we have respect, trust, and empathy for one another as experts and humans. We strive to provide a space where our employees can become the best versions of themselves. Whether it’s flexible work arrangements (part-time or off hours) or training and development we promise to do our best to offer a work environment that is beneficial to both the company and the employee.
The Privacy Pro is committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work.
We welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Please do not hesitate to reach out to email@example.com with accessibility or accommodation needs.